My Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 24, 2010

    Identity Week 4

    This is a long time coming, since this series has been over for about a month now...but I finally got around to posting this finale up here!  This series was a great series in which to get the kids realigned with what their true identity is.

      The world that swirls around todays teen is a world that desires to strip them of God's stamp on their lives and stamp them with many different types of Identities.

    After we've seen what Christ has set us free from (Ephesians 2:1-9) we can then accept who we are (Ephesians 2:10). 
      Once we accept Christ in our lives, we become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17) and we can now live for Righteousness and die to our sins (1 Peter 2:24).

    Week 4 of the Identity series was all about being an Alien in this world.  Being different from the culture and world around us and allowing Christ to shine through our lives rather than conforming to the Identity the world desires us to conform to.

      I didn't speak for week 4 of this series, I handed the microphone over to my boss: Scott Wakeley and he spoke about living as an alien in this world.  Below is a link to the talk he gave as well as the link for the lesson handout for the entire series.  I loved talking to teens about who they really are!  I hope this helps.

    Scott's Talk

    Identity Series PDF

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment