My Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 9, 2009

    Powerful Experience

    When I was a teenager, I participated in a Youth Experience a bit ahead of it's time.

    I am sad to say that I have never done this event since I've been a Youth Pastor, but will plan on doing so next year. I wanted to, this year, but with the economic downturn and my going part-time, it was not feasible.

    Anyways...this experience I speak of was called: "A Walk With Christ to the Cross". We started this experience by going to our churches Good Friday service, but stayed the entire evening to literally walk with Christ to the Cross.

    We followed the week of Christ's passion through video, stations and story. We read and watched the events of The Passion week unfold in sequential order. I was 11 years old when I went through this experience and now as a 24 year old still remember the power it held for my walk with Jesus.

    To experience the Passion Week in such detail, with such care taken to catch every aspect of Christ's death was incredible for me.

    This is the type of "Emerging" event that gets people connected to the narrative of Christ, and allows them to be placed within the story...for we all are.

    The Passion was for all of us. He bled and died so that we may live.

    I hope to Walk With Christ to the Cross this Passion/Easter season.

    1 comment:

    1. I remember laying down in the sanctuary for a time of silence fighting falling asleep ;)

      I too would say that this was a powerful experience for me, and while I would shy away from serious all-nighters like this, the concept is amazing and I try my best every year to walk my youth through this life-changing narrative.

      ReplyDelete