My Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 27, 2010

    Identity Week 1

    We just finished week 1 of the Identity Series! At my church, we have a Student Ministries Staff of 6 people, each of us each week brings our talk outline and we discuss how we can change or make it better. God used this time to have me change some cool things and add some interactive pieces I probably wouldn't have normally bring to the table.



    We started the talk time by having the teens split up into 2 teams and get together to draw two people who they would give and Identity to on giant poster boards. They took 5 minutes to draw and write up an Identity for their characters. At the end of 5 minutes, I re-gathered everyone and had a rep from each team describe their person.

    The students described their persons identity by: hair color, occupation, material possesions, wealth and so on.

    I then jumped in with saying this: "You all became creators just now. You took a blank page and made something out of nothing, where there was no one, you made someone. God has done the same with us! He created us out of nothing and made us something. The Bible talks about this scene in Genesis 1."

    The lead in idea was a group effort. The team I am a part of each week looks at everyones talks for the whole week and adds input and takes stuff out where they feel it is needed. The drawing idea was a group idea that caused us all to think outside of our boxes and come up with something. I love/dislike this because I changed my whole talk (as you will see from the outline) yet came up with something much better.

    Moving on with Identity: I made two points that I wanted to hit home;

    1. Realize we were made by God, for God
    2. God is the supplier of my Identity

    We looked at Genesis 1:27-31 NLT and discussed how God made us male and female and how we are Good to him! He has the blueprints on us and knows us better than we can know ourselves and to Him, we are good!

    Below I have the BlueFishTV video we showed, as well as the talk on mp3 if you're interested in the other stuff I said. Also, I have the links to both the Series outline and the Power Point for week 1.


    Identity Series Outline

    Identity Week 1 Power Point







    0 comments:

    Post a Comment