My Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 13, 2009

    Old Skool Jesus #2

    Old Skool Jesus is now in full swing. We have 1 week down and 11 to go, starting tonight with week 2's talk entitled: "Who Is Jesus?".


    I said I would post the tools I used for my lessons and I am no liar :) Below is the intro video I showed to jumpstart the series. I will also post below the video and the handout for tonight. This way you can see where we were last week and see where we are this week. I hope you all can utilize this series, that's why I am putting the efforts into posting it all for you to check out! If you still need the Outline, the url is here: http://www.archive.org/details/OldSkoolJesus



    Last Weeks Video:


    Along with "Who Is Jesus" is a take home handout which outlines all of the 'I AM' statements thet Jesus made as well as where they are found in the Bible. Here is the url to snag this document: http://www.archive.org/details/JesusIAmSayings

    This Weeks Video:



    To answer a couple questions:

    1. When you teach, is this your whole talk or just and outline you have with you?
    Answer: Just an outline. I read the texts, and utilize the questions as items I try to address in the talk.

    2. Why are you doing a series on Jesus for 12 whole weeks?
    Answer: I think Middle School is where teens can start to "get it". Taking 12 weeks to talk about Jesus is in my mind almost too short of a time. Jesus should be the key/central focal point of minsitry...so we need to preach Him as much as we can.

    3. What books did you use to plan/study for this series?
    Answer: The main text I used was Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll, but I also leaned heavily on: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, Your Jesus is Too Safe by Jared Wilson, Surprised By Hope by N.T. Wright, The Reason For God by Timothy Keller. A took BITS from: Jesus Brand Spirituality by Ken Wilson and Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zaccherius.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment